Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Continuing No Shame Poetry Series Presents "Deconstruction"

Deconstruction

I am taking down
Bulletin boards
In the church basement
Backing out the screws
That hold them to the wall
With my cordless drill
And a number 2 phillips bit.

I wonder about
The people who drove
Those screws in
Years ago.
Who were they
What were their lives like
And where are they now
Long gone, possibly
Moved away
Or dead. 

Keats had his
Statue of Ozymandias
And Grecian urn
To reflect on time
And eternity.

I have 
Bulletin boards
In the church basement

And
Deconstruction.

--Dan Verner

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it, Dan! What a wonderful juxtaposition of manual and mental labor infused with metaphor and irony. Made me laugh and think. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another proof that there are poems everywhere...

    ReplyDelete