Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Going Home

Packing up my winter clothes and wishing I was home,
Going home...

Discerning readers will recognize that line from the Paul Simon song,"The Boxer." I'm no boxer but I am going home today.

I'm writing this from my brother Ron's house near Atlanta.  We have had a terrific couple of days visiting, having wonderful meals, going to guitar shops and bookstores, taking naps and playing on the computer. This has been a much-needed break for me, and I appreciate everything Ron and Sherry have done to make it happen. I hope this will become an annual tradition.

So, we'll see how today's trip goes. It's raining hard here, and that should affect travel. I didn't bring an umbrella, so I'll have to pick one up on the way to the airport.

Yesterday was my birthday ("Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?") and I want to thank everyone who sent birthday greetings.  A number of these came via Facebook, which is one great way to keep up with what's going on in other people's lives. Thanks to all of you, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment